Bindings also make sure that you don’t fall over the board. Even the most experienced and expert snowboarders and skiers use bindings, as they not only ensure safety but at the same time makes the entire experience of snowboarding and skiing a much more enjoyable one. You will be able to control the board in a much more and at the same time will be able to balance yourself.
Choosing the Bindings for Snowboarding and Skiing
There are certain aspects which you need to consider when you are buying snowboard bindings.
- Riding Style: Your riding style has a lot to do with the kind of binding you choose. Different types of bindings are available for different styles of riding
- Binding Type: How you would want to strap the binding is one important aspect which you need to take into consideration. There are different designs available in the market with different styles.
- Fit: When it comes to the fit of the bindings, you must ensure that they are properly fitted. It cannot be too loose, which would not hold your feet properly on the board and they shouldn’t be too tight either, this can be very uncomfortable for you. You need to select a fit which would hold your feet tightly on the board and at the same time would be comfortable enough.
Different Types of Bindings Available
There are different types of bindings available in the market. Here are some of them
- Strap in Bindings: Out of the bindings available, these are the most popular ones. This type of binding use 2 straps; one is used across the ankle and the other straps over the toe. This type of binding offer lots of custom adjustments and they are quite comfortable too. These bindings are suitable for all types of riding
- Rear Entry Bindings: Also known as Speed Entry Binding, they are available with a high back which allows you to step into it. This kind of bindings is very easy to use as they can be strapped on and off very easily, without putting in a lot of effort. If you are looking for more comfort while you are riding your snowboard, then the rear entry bindings would be the perfect option for you.
What are the Components you need to look for?
While purchasing snowboard bindings, there are a few components which you need to look out for. Here they are:
- Straps: There are different types of straps available on the market. Here are some of them
- Traditional Toe Strap
- Toe Cap Strap
- Ankle Strap
- Hybrid Toe Strap
- High Backs: High backs are very important components as they help to control the edge of the board where your heels are placed
- Base plate: This is the main connection between the board and the binding
These are some of the areas you need to look into while you are purchasing bindings for your snowboards.